Monday, November 26, 2012

November Newsletter

I’m trying to get back on track with newsletter writing. Since arriving back in Colorado, I have settled in pretty well at Mom’s place. My employment is still in flux. I have a profile on a tutoring website that connects students and tutors, but I have had only one tutoring session so far. I hope to hear back today about whether I was granted a teaching certificate for a course at a local college. At this point, becoming an educator in some form is my goal. I always liked tutoring, and would like to continue it, but I need steady income, and am therefore pursuing teaching positions at the local schools.

I have also started writing a novel, which will be the first of a two-book series. Motivation and inspiration wax and wane. I’m trying to write through the book from beginning to end, and I’m currently at a point of the story in which dialogue is going to have to carry the plot for a little while and I’m stumped on how to proceed naturally. Writing and thinking of new ideas for the book are a fun pastime.

In general, my mood also waxes and wanes. I am currently doing well, but when I realize that my loans will enter repayment before too long, I get stressed. It’s good motivation to get off my duff and look for a job, but life would be a lot easier without debt. I imagine that’s a good blanket statement that remains true regardless of circumstances.

I have had time to reassess the decisions I’ve made that have led to this point in my life, and have been able to figure out a better way I could have made life decisions in the past - and was even able to share some of that with an old acquaintance. What I’d like to do now is figure out how to apply the same principles to my current decision-making process. I need to figure out where to go in life from here, and I don’t want to make the same mistake of locking myself into a big decision without weighing the costs and benefits, and without allowing myself room to reevaluate when necessary.

Scott

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you Scott! Looking forward to reading the book. Dialogue is such a natural flow for any situation to be worked out that the developing dialogue becomes the actual natural process to reveal personal solutions to all issues. It sounds like a fabulous way to process your next thoughts in the plot.
    Happy Trails to your pleasant employment.
    The decisions you made in your past are the best that you made at the time; it is the process of getting to know what you know now.
    Take it easy on my nephew now, peace out Humphrey :)Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete