Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Newsletter

Getting this one in just under the wire. January has seen a redoubled effort to get a job, along with increased frustration at not getting one. I would like a teaching position, but everywhere I have looked doesn't seem to be interested in hiring for this semester. I have been tutoring math and science to a few middle school and high school students. It's been a challenge relearning everything well enough to teach it, but it has been really fun and rewarding at the same time. I only get a few hours of work each week, if that, and since the formal teaching positions have not come through, a couple days ago I finally locked in the decision to pursue a career I've always found intriguing. I signed up for truck driving school and just today I got my driver's permit and earned many of the CDL endorsements. I'm excited about the truck driving opportunity because it's a pretty sure thing that I can get a job; it's solitary, fitting well with my introverted nature; and it involves a lot of travel. Plus, it involves new, different experiences, and I value that in life.

My girlfriend is leaving for a trip with her family tomorrow. She lives out of town anyway, but it's odd knowing she'll be out of state. We're able to work around the distance, which is good.

Life keeps rolling otherwise.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment