Monday, April 8, 2013

March Newsletter

March consisted of driving training with my company, Swift. Yesterday, I finally finished my training and got to go home for the night. I'm very excited about this, since I get a couple more nights at home, and when I start driving again, I won't be sharing a tiny living space. I'm currently at the terminal, waiting to hear the results of a road test and take a written test that assure my company that I'm ready to be on my own.

Over the last month, I've had LOTS of time to think about how to utilize my driving time. I plan to continue using the Pimsleur Spanish learning CDs to get a useful language under my belt before moving on to learning others. I also plan to utilize iTunes U's free audio lectures to learn about history, recap anatomy, and learn about the cultures whose languages I want to learn. I'm thinking translation work would be fun to get into. For now, it's really good to have an income again.

I'm hoping to be able to take my home time throughout the country to visit family and friends in the coming months.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment